11th June 2009- My interview was in the afternoon. That freed my morning and gave me ample time to re-look whatever preparations I made. I anticipated at least 10 questions and prepared some replies. Although most people would advise against memorizing, I beg to differ. Word for word is another matter altogether la. I'm referring to succinct points here. Come on. The next 7 years (at least) of your life is on the line (studies 3-4 years, bond makes up the other 4-6 years). What happens in an event when someone ask about your values and you just mutter something that comes up only to realize the whole thing sounded absurd afterward. "Eh Mr. Interviewer, I think I have another more important value. I add on ah." ...
Unlike the first two rounds, I was told to report at another venue. Apparently, CAAS was now operating separately from Changi Airport Group. The former manages air negotiation kind of stuff while the latter operates the airport. There were 3 other candidates. To my pleasant surprise, I met two of them during the first interview. That was in January. We had all come a long way. I remember being somewhat jittery while waiting for my turn to be called. If I fall out now, it would be my closest so-close-yet-so-far experience and I didn't want that.
Lady: "Ang Soon Loong."
Me: "!@#$%^&*"
For the final round, I was interviewed by 2 directors and the CEO. Thankfully, they all looked happy. Lady luck was with me today. The questions posed were very similar to the preparations I had done. 30 minutes later, my interview was over. They did not mention anything about when I would know the outcome (compared to round 2 where they were talking about arranging a sharing session while I was still in the middle of the interview) but I was confident of my chances (the directors and I were laughing throughout the interview).
A week later, I received an e-mail from CAAS.
"We are pleased to inform you..."
No comments:
Post a Comment